New student enrollment takes place at your neighborhood school August - May. During the month of July new students can enroll at the District 11 Enrollment Office. You may access our school finder to determine your neighborhood school based upon your street address. For your convenience, you may complete the enrollment form online. Please complete the form and bring it with you when you come to enroll.
Requirements for Enrollment
A parent or guardian must enroll a student in District 11. Along with a completed enrollment form for each student you will need to bring the following:
1. Verification of child’s birth date (birth certificate, passport or military ID)
2. Immunization records (click here
for more information on immunization requirements and where to obtain
3. Proof of residency
4. If student is not living with both biological parents, a copy of legal paperwork (custody/guardianship) may be
5. If student has an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for special education services, a copy of the
6. Name and address of student’s previous school to request academic records
Children entering Kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before October 1
School of Choice
Colorado Springs School District 11 has many schools that offer unique and exceptional educational opportunities. You may apply for enrollment in any of these schools. The choice enrollment window is open each year from November 1 through February 15 for the following school year. Schools may also accept choice applications up to Labor Day on a space available basis. You may access the Choice Open Enrollment Form
online. Simply complete and return this form to the school you wish to have your child attend. Choice enrollment is open to both residents and non-residents of District 11.
Please follow the link for additional information on the following topics: