1. How do I find out which school my child will attend?
The D11 School Finder will tell you which school your child will attend. Enter your street address and your student’s grade and your neighborhood school will be displayed. School Finder will also indicate if your child is eligible for bus transportation.
2. What if I would like my child to attend a school other than their neighborhood school?
Students may attend any school in District 11 by completing a Choice Open Enrollment Application. The choice enrollment window runs each year from November 1 – February 15 for the following school year. Schools may also accept choice applications on a space available basis up to Labor Day at the beginning of the school year. More information and forms are available on the Choice Enrollment web page. Transportation to the school of choice must be provided by the parent\guardian.
3. When can my child enter kindergarten? Is there a special time to register my child for kindergarten?
Does District 11 offer full day or half day kindergarten?
All children entering Kindergarten must be 5 on or before October 1 of that school year. Kindergarten registration typically takes place in January and February. Please contact your neighborhood school for the exact date and time. All D11 schools offer free, full day kindergarten.
4. How do I register my child for preschool?
Preschool enrollment is handled by the Preschool Office. More information is available on their webpage or call them at 719-328-3111. Students must be 3 by October 1 to enter preschool.
5. What immunizations does my child need upon entering school? What if my student has not had
State law requires all students to have certain immunizations before attending public schools. Our immunizations page explains which immunizations your student needs and when. If you have chosen to not immunize your child we ask that you fill out the second page of the Certificate of Immunization/Exemption of Immunization Law form.
6. We just moved and my child’s birth certificate isn’t unpacked. Can I bring some other document as
evidence of my child’s date of birth?
A current passport or military ID may be used in place of a birth certificate to verify your child’s date of birth.
More questions? Contact the Enrollment Office at 719-520-2297.